Undergraduate Programs Application
➢ Catalogs of Undergraduate Programs
The Catalogs for Undergraduate Programs of Central South University (Click here to download Undergraduate Program Catalog.PDF)
➢ Length of Study
For undergraduate study, student may usually have 4-5 years of schooling, please refer to The Catalogs for Undergraduate Programs of Central South University for information.
➢ Application Period
Application procedure starts from1st March to 30 Juneeach year.
➢ Application Fee & Tuition & Fees
➢ V. Application Requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizen within 18 to 30 years old.
2. A qualified graduate from senior high school.
3. Chinese language requirement: Applicants for non-medical majors shall achieve
180 for HSK Level 4, applicants for medical majors shall achieve 200 for HSK Level 4.
➢ Application Documents
1. Fill Online Application Form for International Students at Central South University at
http://application.csu.edu.cn/member/login.do. Print out completed application form and sign
2. Diploma of Senior High School or relevant notarization paper.
3. For current high school student, a certificate stating you will graduate from current school as a
qualified student should be provided from your current school. Diploma of Senior High School must be then provided once you are admitted at CSU.
4. Transcripts of all courses taken at senior high school or relevant notarization paper.
5. Applicants for Chinese Language Programs shall offer copies of HSK certificate and transcripts,
the original documents should be provided once you are admitted at CSU.
6. Applicants for clinical medicine shall submit two reference letters (which shall be written by
teachers at your senior high school with contacts and email addresses of referrers).
7. A copy of your passport with up to 1 year validation and two personal photos same as on your
passport (white background, size 35mm*45mm).
8. Bank Remittance Certificate on for application fee with your name in both native language and
English on application form.
9. Certification of No Criminal Record notarized by Chinese Consulate in your country.
The documents mentioned above shall be provided in English or Chinese.
1. CSU shall require other supplement materials from applicants if necessary.
2. The documents above shall be sent to the International Students Division before 30 June.
3. The supplied application fee and documents will not be returned regardless of the
Applicants for admission will be considered in accordance with grades at senior high school and of HSK, etc. CSU shall be entitled to require telephone or online interview on condition of applicant.
➢ Enrollment and Registration
1. Enrollment starts in September each year, date be subject to the enrollment
date mentioned on Admission Letter.
2. Visa Application
Admitted applicants should apply for Student Visa (X1 Visa) at Chinese embassies (consulates) of your country with prepared documents listed as follow:
a) Passport (up to 1 year validation)
b) Admission Letter
c) Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201).
3. Students should bring application documents mentioned above at enrollment
a) For students who submitted certificate stating you will graduate from
current school as a qualified student should submit the original diploma.
b) For students who have submitted copies of the certificate of HSK during the
process of application shall provide the original HSK certificate.
Enrollment may be canceled for students who fail to provide the original certificates mentioned above.
International Students Division
Office of International Cooperation and Exchanges
Central South University
No.932, Lushan South Road (Main Campus), Changsha, Hunan, China
+ 86-731-8887 7515 (for non-medical majors)
+ 86-731-8265 9395 (for medical majors)
+ 86-731-8871 0136