Graduate Programs Application
➢For Graduate Programs
The Catalogs for Master Degree Programs of Central South University(Click here to downloadGraduate Program Catalog.PDF)
The Catalogs for PhD/M.D. Programs of Central South University (Click here to downloadGraduate Program Catalog.PDF)
➢Length of Study
For Master Degree Programs, students may usually have 3-4 years of schooling;
For PhD / M.D. Programs, students may usually have 3-5 years of schooling.
For more information please refer toThe Catalogs for Graduate Programs of Central South University.
Application procedure starts from 1st March to 30 May each year.
➢Application Fee & Tuitions & Fees
Tuition & Fees for International Students at CSU
➢V. Application Requirements
1. Applicants for Master degrees must be Non-Chinese citizen above 18 to 35 years old;
for PhD/M.D. programs applicants must be Non-Chinese citizen above 18 to 40 years old.
2. For Master Degree programs, applicants should obtained a Bachelor degree
For PhD / M.D. programs, applicants should obtained a Master degree.
3. Chinese language requirement: Applicants for non-medical majors shall achieve180 for HSK Level 4, applicants for medical majors shall achieve 200 for HSK Level 4
4. Applicants should have good health condition.
1.Printed online application form from CSU
2.Copy of the passport (over 6 months validity)
3.Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Photocopy) and copies of blood test reports and reports of ECG and X-ray of chest (issued within 6 months, it would be better if it is issued after January )
4. Highest diploma translated in English or Chinese (Notarized photocopy)
5. Transcript of the highest diploma translated in English or Chinese (Notarized photocopy)
6. Two letters of recommendation from different professors with signature and detailed contact information such as telephone number and email address (issued within 6 months, it would be better if it is issued after January )
7. Study Plan of no less than 800 words (not an abstract or published articles)
8. Non-criminal certificate translated in English or Chinese with a declaration of "no criminal record", an official seal and a signature (issued by a local police departments within 6 months, it would be better if it is issued after January )
9.Bank Remittance Certificate on for application fee with your name in both native language and English on application form.
The documents mentioned above shall be provided in English or Chinese.
1. CSU shall require other supplemental materials from applicants if necessary.
2. The documents above shall be sent to the International Students Division before 30 May.
3. The supplied application fee and documents will not be returned regardless of the
Applicants for admission will be considered in accordance with diploma, results of HSK, TOEFL and IELTS, Central South University shall be entitled to require telephone or online interview if necessary.
➢Enrollment and Registration
1. Enrollment starts in September each year, date be subject to the enrollment date mentioned
on Admission Letter.
2. Visa Application
Admitted applicants should apply for Student Visa (X1 Visa) at Chinese embassies (consulates) of your country with prepared documents listed as follow:
a) Passport (up to 1 year validation)
b) Admission Letter
c) Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202).
3. Students should bring application documents mentioned above at enrollment
a) For students who submitted certificate stating you will graduate from
current school as a qualified student should submit the original diploma.
b) For students who have submitted copies of HSK, TOEFL and IELTS results during the
process of application shall provide the original HSK, TOEFL and IELTS results.
Enrollment may be canceled for students who fail to provide the original certificates or documents mentioned above.
International Students Division
Office of International Cooperation and Exchanges
Central South University
No.932, Lushan South Road (Main Campus), Changsha, Hunan, China
+ 86-731-8887 7515 (for non-medical majors)
+ 86-731-8265 0391(for medical majors)
+ 86-731-8871 0136